How did you get involved with 818 Ministries?
Rebecca Dotson and I are cousins and roommates from college. I remember exactly where we were when she told me all about 818 (one of our favorite breakfast places, First Watch)! It was so amazing to see how the Lord was using one of the hardest things in her life to give her a passion and ministry to help people who were going through the same thing. I remember her saying it’s hard enough for herself and her family who have a relationship with Jesus…can you imagine how hard it must be for people who don’t have any other hope but in this world? Jesus was bringing light out of such a dark time and I love that I’m able to be a little part of that. Rebecca asked if I’d like to be a part of the writing team, and I had no hesitations to join on this journey with her!
Do you have a life verse?
“However I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testing to the gospel of God’s grace.” (Acts 20:24)
Paul was leaving the Ephesian church because he was “compelled by the Spirit, [to go to] Jerusalem, not knowing what [would] happen to [him] there. I only know that in every city the Holy Sprit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me.” I love this because this didn’t stop Paul from going! He was going to walk in the calling God had given him, even if that meant losing his own life. This is what I want my life to look like. I pray that I am bold, confident, not afraid, so in love with Jesus that all other things are counted as a loss compared to finishing the race He has called me to.
What area 5 of your favorite things:
1. NATURE! I love everything about it. The sunset, sunrises, flowers, the fall leaves, clouds. You name it, it’s probably on my Instagram. I just love how nature is such a reminder of God and His glory.
2. Running! It can be a love/hate relationship BUT, I love the feeling of going on a long run after a stressful day! Time to be in creation and let your mind go!
3. My niece and nephews! I really am obsessed with them. They seriously bring so much joy to my heart.
4. Coffee! Love all the things about it. Slow Saturdays mornings sipping on a hot cup of coffee is SO satisfying.
5. Traveling! I love adventure-ing and experiencing all that different locations have to offer!
What are some of your favorite books?
It is one of my goals this year to read more! So this list may change very quickly! But for now some of my favorite books are:
1. Redeeming Love. I literally could not put this one down. If you haven’t read it, it is based of the book of Hosea. It’s a story of God’s relentless pursuit of our hearts, his grace and forgiveness!
2. The Hunger Games. Again, read all 3 in the span of a week! I remember when the movies came out and I had never heard of them so figured I would see what all the rave was about. It sucked me in. Every page left you needing to know what happened next!
What is your favorite hobby?
I started collecting coffee mugs of everywhere I travel with the name of the place on it my senior year of college! That’s when my coffee obsession really took a toll, I started traveling more and had the idea to open a coffee shop one day (who knows, it could happen!). I love that each one will have it’s one story and just a reminder of the awesome opportunities I had to experience something that I love!