How did I get involved with 818 Ministries?
I first got involved with 818 in September 2015. A few ladies from my church went to a women's conference at Fort Bluff Camp and met Rebecca, then came home and taught the ladies of our church how to make the hats and then donated them to our local cancer center here in Paris, TN.
What was your motivator(s)?
My motivators were knowing that I was helping someone who needed it. That made it so much more enjoyable! Knowing that the little handwritten note that went with the hat could make somebody's day made me just want to write notes ALL the time!
Do you have a life verse?
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.
This verse really sticks out to me because any time I get scared or worried I can always remember that God is always with me.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
This verse reminds me that nothing is impossible and I can accomplish what I set my mind on.
What are 5 of your favorite things?
1. My chocolate beagle - Marlie Kate! Y'all, she is the cutest thing EVER! And sadly she knows how to use those sweet little puppy eyes!
2. My guns, I love them all, but my favorite is my 12 gauge SKB shotgun!
3. My camera. I got it for Christmas in 2015, and I love it!
4. My cowboy boots! Y'all, my Mom gives me a hard time because I wear them so much!
5. Although this might not be a material thing like the others, it is something I cherish very much and will have for the rest of my life - the friendship between Ms. Rebecca and me! I love her so much, and she has impacted my life in so many ways, she doesn't even realize it!
What are your top 3 favorite books?
1. Touching Heaven. This book is THE best book ever! It is about a young lady who works with sick children in the hospitals. There are many different stories about certain kids and their experiences through tough lives.
2. Prarie Evers. It is about this little country girl who is in a struggling family. Her best friend has an even worse life though! Her Mom is abusive and an alcoholic and she shot her Dad. Prarie’s family, despite their days of living in poverty, take Ivy in as their own.
3. The education of Ivy Blake. (book 2 of Prarie Evers) In this book, Prarie's
Mom finds out she is expecting. Being the caring hearted little girl she is, Ivy decided to go back and live with her abusive Mom in order for the new baby to have a "better life." After an argument, Ivy goes back to live with Prarie's family. (Hope I didn't ruin any of these books for y'all!)
5. What is your favorite hobby?
Since I want be a vet and live on a HUGE farm when I grow up, my second hobby includes anything and everything animal! Whether it be petting my cat or walking the dog - I LOVE IT and want do it!